Thursday, June 25, 2009

Touching Thursdays: LIVE YOUR LIFE!

So this is a very somber post...just last weekend, my Uncle passed away, he was sick and he lived to be 79, but it is never easy to see your loved one be buried into a hollow hole in the ground. :(
It was even more so heartbreaking that the funeral was the day before Fathers Day, and I felt for his 7 children and 22 grandchildren etc.... He had a really great sense of humour and was a really good role model for my Dad since he was about 30 years older than my Dad.
And then just yesterday, I heard that my friend's mom passed away in her sleep...she was pretty young probably in her 50's and it's just sad and it reminded me that, death is certain and to be more positive, that is all the more reason to LIVE!

We have so many fears that stop us from being and doing all we are and living to our full potential! There is so much that we allow to stand in our way, whether it's the daily struggles that we face, or it's that friend we won't forgive, or that person that really hurt us that we said we forgave but we really didn't.....life is just way too precious and valuable for us to not live it to the fullest!

One way of living life to the fullest is being grateful and thankful for everything! OR finding something to be thankful for and taking the time to reflect on these things before going to bed. That helps you to wind down the day, think about alllll the events of the day, and just taking a breather and giving thanks before going to sleep. I have a gratitude book that was put out by THE SECRET (you know that documentary) which helps me to put down on paper what I am thankful or grateful for today and what I want to be grateful for tomorrow! So it also helps me write down my hopes and then I get to measure when it happened.

So what are you thankful for today?? I'm thankful for life itself, and the power of being alive and I'm thinking about what I can do with my life to really live it and make my mark.

What are you going to do to just live your life??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah my sister... Life is just for living indeed. So many days and nights go by and we wish to do this and that. Well I hope that I will be a proactive person from now on. You too ... love always and forever!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes ma'am! We have got to be thankful for the things we do have instead of dwelling on the things that we don't! Dwelling only makes us stuck in the past...thinking about things that we can't change. Its pointless. We must learn from our mistakes and move on. I have also have gotten into the habit of thinking about the things that I am grateful for at the end of the day. You really start to realize that you have A LOT to be the thankful for! Great post Charlene!

Charlene said...

That's right hon, right now is what we have! thanks for the support it means a lot!

@ Lisa - i love u sis!