Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Touching Thursdays: Dr. Oz's 10 Major Agers

Hey ladies!!

Dr. Oz

I am just sooooo lovin' Dr. Oz's new talk show!!!! If you don't know Dr. Oz, then you should know that he's an accomplished Doctor and has been a featured health expert on the Oprah Winfrey show for a number of years who now has his own show!!! It's like it was made for us women, I mean he even had a show where he talks about the bacteria living in our handbags, and on our makeup, cell phones, ...the VAGINA....underwear...how to wash your thong!!!Anyway...of course he discusses other important things like food, weight, swine flu, even poop. This is very important to our health ladies, to have our insides working well so that we can be beautiful without the need for a lot of topical "stuff". I can't get enough of Dr Oz's Show and if you can, I think you should check it out!! You can watch video clips and read articles from the show on his website too, drozshow.com .

Today however, he addressed the 10 major agers that can be found in our homes! This can be found here for greater detail. But the one I am going to mention is Toulene....yes, we all know it, cause it's all up in our nail polishes!!!

Here's why he says this is an ager:

8. Toluene

Toluene, a solvent found in nail polish, paints and when petroleum-based paraffin candles are burned can cause nervous system damage. Naturally scented beeswax, soy or vegetable candles and natural alternatives to nail products are a better choice.

ANndddddd, I know a lot of us love our scented candles right?? Read this :

6. Air Fresheners and Fragrance Candles

Everyone likes their home to smell clean and fresh but synthetic fragrances that waif through the air can negatively affect the quality of indoor air, damage lung tissue and airways and irritate the eyes. Keep it real. If your house is clean it shouldn't smell.


So there you go! I hope you'll check out the show and read the rest of agers, because you know we all want to drink from the fountain of youth!!


On a side note, I'm really loving the Wendy Williams show!!!! (Woot woot) haha, she is so vibesy, and she is ever keeping it real!!! She loves talking about her wigs lol, and whatever else is fake, and I just llooove her nude lips, seems like a signature for her! I love how she talks with her guests, her expressions, just hilarious...so check her out too! I'm also loving the Tyra Show this season too!!! Are you feeling her natural hair? Kudos to her for doin that! Also, One Tree Hill is backkkk :) YAY!!!! And I'm liking The Vampire Diaries!! I'm hooked on the CW on week nights lol...AND late nights are for Sex and the City re-runs!! Alright ladies....share with me what else you think I'd like to watch and what you're loving??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I burn 100% beeswax candles with lead free wicks and they are divine!!

:)

Charlene said...

whoaaa that does sound divine!! where do you get them?