Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MAC Lychee Luxe Lipglass + Wedding Makeup I Did!



Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog, recommended this for me when I asked her if she knew what lipgloss or lip colour would match the juice in the pic above. (The juice is a locally made Cherry Juice by Tru Juice). Now, this doesn't exactly look like the pic of the juice I sent but i LOVE IT! The juice matches the L'Oreal Colorjuice Lipgloss in Cherry on Top perfectly! So I got my match, and I got a bonus with this. I love peachy/pink/coral/light red lip colors, I'm just loving nudes now since the whole MAC Myth craze haha...so Lychee Luxe is just up my street. I love the gold flecks and how pigmented it is too! It didn't feel too sticky to me either and is long wearing. I haven't bought a MAC lipglass in a while so it was good to get this one!


Lychee Luxe swatch on hand


Beautiful bride Alecia contacted me to do her wedding makeup. We go to the same church, and I am really proud with how it turned out and it helped me to fall in love with being a makeup artist again!! I love, love doing wedding makeup, although sometimes if they're not as organized as Alecia was, it can be a nightmare, but for the most part, I love it! I hope you'll give me your feedback as well :) Hope you likey!




6 comments:

Muhsine Emin said...

that lipglass looks amazing, everybody looks gorgeous, well done :) xx

Anonymous said...

I Love it! All the ladies look so natural and fresh! Just effortlessly beautiful! You have a gift!

Charlene said...

Thanks Ladies!! :)

Tina A. said...

That's a very pretty lipgloss!

Excellent job at the wedding!!! :)

xxx

Ana said...

The makeup is gorgeous! Great Job and I have always loved Lychee Luxe.

Question: I am a NC42 and NC43 when tanned but I have always found that nude colors wash me out, any suggestions?

Charlene said...

Thanks Tina!

@ Ana, thanks so much, yes Lychee Luxe is gorgeous, I have always wanted it! To answer your question, you could try pairing Mac Myth with a sheer gloss (peach,pink,red)makes it a lot more wearable then u would get peach nudes,pink nudes.....but if you want nude nude..like flesh toned nude, you could try NYX Round Lipstick in Echo/Tea (not sure of the MAC dupe) and try L'Oreal Sheer colorjuice in either Bubblegum, Pina Colada, or Caramel Creme or lastly, Butterscotch Drop.
One flesh(complexion matching nude) combo i love is NYX round lipstick in IRIS with Revlon Super lustrous lipgloss in Coffee Gleam or Toast. Hope this helps!!!