Thursday, July 16, 2009

Touching Thursdays : Be Not Discouraged!

I've been facing some major discouraging remarks lately, which I can only use to fuel the fire within me to pursue my dreams, and realize my goals. So it was only fitting that today I say to you, that it is impossible to please man, but with God as guide, we in pleasing Him and following through on the dreams He has placed in our hearts, can rise and overcome negativity to be who God made us to be.

We won't always live up to other people's expectations of us, and then they are upset and hurl a ton of discouraging remarks....we can only use this as the motivation to get going with our dreams!

So be not discouraged, even if things seem to be moving slowly, remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Here's a quote for you to think on:

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I was just feeling super discouraged because of some stuff that's currently going on right now. Your quote made me feel better

Unknown said...

I love the quote! Thank you and good luck!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! We cannot please everybody all the time...and trying will only make you crazy! All we can do is block out the negative garbage that comes our way and recognize that its just the devil trying to knock you off your path. But God is more powerful than the devil could ever be! I laugh at the devil...what can he do to me with God on my side? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Charlene said...

Thanks Ladies...that's right @livethink, if God be for us who can be against us!